Thursday, December 13, 2018

Erik Bengtson Essay Exhibit Reactions

Though all of the exhibits were interesting to me, one in particular stood out.  I really enjoyed Mick's look at social media and its impact on society.  Not only did I agree with Mick in that social media does negatively impact peoples lives, but he also made interesting points relating to how willing people are to confront others now.  Social media has helped nurture a us vs. them political culture in our country, and because of our ability to view those with different opinions as the"other" we are now more comfortable with confrontation.  We view it as either I will change their mind, or I will lash out to hurt them based off of their opinion.  It is an unhealthy thing that in part is being helped along by social media. 

The other exhibit that particularly stood out to me was Keisha's exhibit about technology in classrooms.  I felt that she did a good job of not only showing what is possible now, but also with showing what is possible for the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment